Monday, March 10, 2008

Plain... Nothing Fancy!


I am still struggling to recover from my junk food mania. And I have been craving tacos or taco salad, so this week I tought I would post my favorite taaco salad recipe. It's really easy to make. And depending on how much cheese and sour cream you add to the top... Well? you know the rules! So here it is...

Quick Taco Salad


Prep Time:30 min Total Time:30 min Makes:4 servings


1 lb. lean ground beef & 1 can of red Kidney Beans (drained)
1 cup chopped onions (about 1 medium)
1 pkt. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup water
10 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 1 large head)
1-1/2 cups chopped & mixed tomatoes, cucumbers & green peppers
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cups tortilla chips, (we like our broken up)
1/4 cup Salsa, Sour Cream or Ranch Dressing


BROWN meat in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat; drain. Return meat to skillet. Add Beans & onions; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
ADD taco seasoning mix and water; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 min.
DIVIDE lettuce among four plates. Top evenly with meat mixture, veggie mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Drizzle with sour cream, dressing and salsa.

No comments: