Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why & How to start Scrapping... SC#1

        Tonight, I signed up for 24 free scrapbook classes at scrapbook.com, just to see what they were all about and to use them as a jump start for me to get back into the swing of scraping again. The first lesson was all about why we scrap and how to get started and it got we thinking about all the scrapbook pages that I have put together over the past 35 years. I also started thinking about all the genealogy and family history stories and information that I have collected over the past 35 years.
       In our class, the instructors discussed the why and I really liked the reasons they gave... "There is one thing that all good scrapbook pages do: they tell a story. And for us, that is the heart of scrapbooking. It is storytelling at a precious, personal level. It is organizing moments of the past so they have meaning for future generations. Embodied in every scrapbook page is a celebration of life, a moment or moments captured that are especially unique to a person or family. Scrapbookers today are preserving yesterday for tomorrow."  Throughout the rest of the class we just went over ideas and things that help to make it easier to get started.
       One of the ideas that they gave us was to start small, so I thought it would be fun to start out with a couple of small 6x6 pages...

No comments: