Thursday, February 10, 2011

52 Week / Thursday Challenges.... Radio & Television

This is a hard one for me, because believe it or not. I grew up without a TV for a few years during my childhood. We had a black & white TV and when it broke (wore out I think), my parents decided not to replace it for awhile. My parents both enjoyed reading and were really big on education. So we were encouraged to spend our free time reading and studying. I remember grabbing encyclopedias and reading just to see all the pictures. My parents also really enjoyed music and dancing. We had a record player and radios. I never felt deprived or cheated. I never have felt like I grew up missing out. I loved to listen to the radio late at night when I couldn't sleep. As I got older and we got our new TV, some of my favorite programs were; Gillian's Island, Hee-Haw, Colombo, Love Boat, Murder She Wrote, Hart to Hart, Carol Burrnett Show. When I would have a sleep over at my Grandma's house we would watch Lawrence Welk and Johnny Carson.

No comments: