Thursday, January 06, 2011

52 Week / Thursday Challenges.... NEW YEARS!

Being the avid Genealogy & Family History Buff that I am, I decided that this year my 52 Week Challenges were going to be about ME and the challenges that are posted here at...




Week #1... New Years!  
     While I was growing up, we didn't do much on New Year's day except enjoy what was usually our last day of Christmas vacation, before heading back to school. But as I married and we started to mix family traditions, I adapted to Marty's Family of New Year celebrations. And even though his parents have passed away, we still follow these same traditions with our kids. 
     We start the morning off by have waffles and bacon, then we watch the Rose Parade, next we usually spend some time finishing up our Monopoly game that we started on Christmas day, snacking on all the holiday goodies, we watch a movie and then we have dinner. I think the big part of New Year's for us is spending the time together as a family.
 



No comments: